The University of Guelph Retiree Association established this $1,500 scholarship in 2007 to acknowledge in-course student achievement. This year (2022), the value of the scholarship was doubled to $3,000 in honour of our 30th anniversary. Students with a minimum cumulative average of 75% registered in a degree program who are related to a retiree of the University of Guelph as child, grandchild or great grandchild who have not held the scholarship before may apply. The student having the highest cumulative average will be selected and in the event of a tie, the student with the highest average in the last two semesters of full-time studies will be chosen. Recipients cannot hold this scholarship and another scholarship greater than $2,500 at the same time.
To donate to the UGRA Scholarship fund online:
- Go to the alumni affairs and development web page here
- In the Search box “Search for your Cause” enter “retiree”.
- The only listing should be “U of G Retirees Association Scholarship Endowment"
- Click the + link to the right to go to the donation page for the UGRA scholarship
- Complete the billing information
- (Enjoy your tax receipt)
Further information about the scholarship and how to apply is on the University Student Financial Services website: UGRA Scholarship.