The UGRA-sponsored 17-day China trip, departing October 6, 2019 now accepting bookings.
Only 40 spots are available, so don’t delay! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book the trip.
Lineup of sites:
Here is a link for the video on the China Trip presented at the UGRA 2018 AGM.
The trip is the Epic 15-day trip with a 2-day add on for the Terra Cotta Warriors.
- Shanghai Museum
- Shanghai Old City God Temple
- Lingering Garden in Suzhou “Venice of the East”
- Silk spinning Mill
- Largest Fresh Water Pearl Farm
- Wuxi Lingshan Grand Buddha and stroll along Nanchang Street
- Hangzhou – Dragon Well Tea Plantation
- Fly to Yichang, the starting point of your Yangtze River Cruise
- Sandouping Three Gorges Dam Project
- sail through Xiling Gorge
- board small riverboat for a leisurely ride through Shennong Stream and the Qutang Gorge
- Shibaozhai Pagoda
- See the Shibaozhai Pagoda and an optional trip to Panda House ($40) at Chongqing Zoo
- Beijing – Tiananmen Square – Forbidden City – Summer Palace – Chinese Herbal Institute or optional tour of The Golden Mask Dynasty ($65)
- Great Wall – Jade Exhibition – Cloisonné” Factory – Cloisonné” Factory – welcome banquet of Peking Roast Duck
- Temple of Heaven – Rickshaw Hutong Tour & Local Family Visit this package also includes a traditional Beijing Zhajiangmian (“Fried Sauce noodles”) as lunch
- Xi’an – visit the Ancient City Wall which is not only the most complete city wall that has survived in China, but also one of the largest and most complete ancient military defense systems in the world. Then, visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, the symbol of the city. It is said to have been built to house and protect Buddhist scriptures collected by the Chinese monk, Xuan Zang, the key gure in the classical Chinese novel, ” Journey to the West”.
- you will visit the Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses Museum and see the attached life-sized defending army to the first emperor of China, Qin Shi Huang. This site is regarded as ” the eighth wonder of the world”.
Trip price is CAD$ 5,779 per couple based on double occupancy – there is a single supplement of CAD$1,050
- A CAD$ 300/person non-refundable deposit at time of booking
- A CAD$ 1,200/person air-ticket fee at 6 months prior to the departure
- Nexus will allow us to make monthly installments to make budgeting easier
- Balance due 3 months prior to the departure
- Return international airfares from Toronto/Vancouver, airport taxes and transfers;
- All transportation (internal flights, cruise, coach);
- All deluxe hotel accommodation (based on double occupancy)
- Meals and featuring regional delicacies mentioned in the itinerary
- All visits and admission fees including entertainment shows mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking guide;
Price Does Not Include
- Chinese Visa Application fees multiple entries: CAD$ 180/person.
- Prepaid Tipping: CAD$ 210/person for the entire trip
- Travel insurance.
- Personal expenditures
- Additional optional excursions – like going to Panda House to see the pandas – cost CAD$40 pp
*** Don’t delay. Email email@example.com to initiate your booking. ***